Complete Wetpour Playground Surfacing Repair Kits - Range Of Colours Available
Our Complete Wetpour Playground Surfacing Repair Kits are especially useful to repair damaged to a wetpour safety surfacing which can occur over time through exposure to the elements and heavy use such as the area underneath swings
The wetpour repair kit contains all the material you will require to fix areas of minor damage within the playground surface. Small areas are very easy to fix yourself with our complete wetpour repair kit and some basic tools. A choice of coloured EPDM rubbers is also available to either match with your existing surface colour or to create a play feature with an alternative colour. All wetpour colours fade over time so creating a play feature with a contrasting colour can often look better than a poor colour match.
We recommend priming all existing edges with wetpour edge primer before carrying out the laying of the repair patch.
The wetpour repair kits have the perfect ratio of rubber crumb and polyurethane resin. This is suitable to complete a wetpour repair for an area of up to 1m² at a depth of 40mm of wetpour and contains the following elements
The repair kits contain the following:
- 12Kg of SBR Base Rubber complete with 1Kg Binder
- 12Kg of EPDM Topcoat complete with 2.5Kg Binder
- Mixing Tubs
- Laytex Gloves for hand pro tection
- Laying instructions
- Trim back edges of hole to be repaired to form a neat square edge (the repair will often look better if it is trimmed to a neat geometric shape).
- Remove any damaged or contaminated material from the area to be repaired. The underlying surface will need to be dry before any rubber can be laid.
- Thoroughly mix the rubber granules and binder supplied within the tubs for a 40mm deep patch (20mm base and 20mm top):
- Base Rubber 12Kg of Rubber to 1Kg of Resin
- Top Rubber 12Kg of Rubber to 2.5Kg of Resin
- For small quantities this can be hand mixed either in the tub supplied or in a wheelbarrow lined with polythene. For larger quantities we recommend the use of a ‘pan’ type mixer such as a Cretangle or Imer.
- Place the mixed material into the prepared hole and level off slightly proud of the surrounding area using either the float or a flat piece of wood.
- Lightly lubricate the steel float with the soapy water and level and compact the mixed material into the repair using the float.
- Clear away any excess material.
- The curing time for the mixed wet pour is determined by atmospheric conditions but will generally be in the region of 2-6 hours during which the repair will need to be guarded to prevent deliberate or accidental damage.
Online Playgrounds can deliver all the quality parts you need, at a time you need them throughout the world.
Consignments big or small; we work closely with our logistic partners to provide fast deliveries wherever you are and on time.