Association of Play Industries
Online Playgrounds are proud members of the Association of Play Industries (API) and our Managing Director Andrew Sparrow sits on the API Executive board who meet regularly and are responsible for setting and delivering the associations strategic priorities. Members give their time and efforts for free.
The API is the leading trade association for the UK play sector. Its member companies are the UK's leading providers of playgrounds, indoor play facilities, play equipment and safety surfacing for schools, local authorities, parish councils, leisure attractions, holiday parks, housing developments and hospitality venues. API's accredited members are experienced, professional play experts who design, install and maintain high-quality equipment. They operate to the highest standards, abide by a strict Professional Code of Conduct, and are credit-checked and monitored regularly for financial stability. Members commit to creating play environments that deliver visible challenge and risk within well-developed safety standards.
The API's aims and objective are:
- To promote good play space design, installation and workmanship within the industry
- To promote an understanding of play and risk
- To maintain and assist the development of British, European and other Standards for play
- To liaise closely with governing bodies of play, nationally and internationally
- To ensure members comply with standards and good practice
- To provide a united voice for the play industry
See more at www.api-play.org