Maintenance and Inspection Services
Not only can Online Playgrounds provide quality playground and outdoor fitness equipment, a first class reliable spare parts service but we also have a dedicated maintenance team to give you a full service using our own emplyed maintenance engineers and in-house support team.
Our professional team of qualified maintenance engineers have a wealth of knowledge of all manufactures equipment, types of safety surfacing, nets, gates and fencing.
We also offer an inspection service, carried out by RPII (Register of Play Inspectors International) qualified engineers who check that all equipment complies to the British & European Standards of BS EN1176 & EN 1177 for Commercial Playgrounds and BS EN16630 for Outdoor Fitness Equipment.
Our maintenance services include:
- Swing seats, chains, shackles and bushes
- Replacing decayed timbers
- Replacements of ropes and nets
- Wetpour patching and edge repairs
- Gate springs and buffers
- Cableway re-tension
Types of Inspection
Visual Routine Inspections
This can be carried out by your grounds maintenance member of staff (we recommend you attend a playground visual inspection training course first) and consists of a simple visual check to ensure your equipment is safe to use. These types of inspections should be recorded with all found hazards being reported for further action.
These look in more detail at the condition of the equipment; providing a quality control check on the more regular inspections and identifying wear and tear on the equipment.
Such inspections should be carried out by an appropriately trained member of staff or alternatively by a suitably qualified specialist and should be recorded. These inspections should occur on a quarterly basis as a minimum. Online Playgrounds can carry out these inspections for you. All reporting is managed via our unique web based playground inspection software, providing you with easy access to all relevant site information.
To be carried out by an independent specialist not connected with the playground operator or owner. Essentially looking at vandalism, wear and tear, long term structural problems, standards compliance and design, along with risk assessment. This report covers the overall safety of the playground.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my Play Area need to be inspected?
The European Standard for Playground Safety, BS EN1176 recommends that regular inspections take place as part of a planned inspection schedule.
How often should inspections be carried out?
- It is good practice that a schedule of visual inspections occurs regulalrly and that these are supported by more in-depth Monthly/Quarterly Operational Inspactions and an Annual Inspection. The frequency of visual and operational inspections will vary depending on the location, type of equipment and usage.
- Visual inspections are usually carried out by your own grounds staff followingtraining. Operational and Annual inspections require more detail and are supported by a full written report containing photographs, details of location, equipment and surroundings. A risk assessment is often enclosed within the report, providing a vital tool for the safe management of the area. These are carried out by qualified independent inspectors.
Can I carry out a Playground inspection myself?
Yes you can carry out visual level inspections yourself. We recommend you attend a playground visual inspection training course before you attempt this. Operational and Annual Inspections must be carried out by an RPII certified person.
Do you inspect/repair any manufacturer’s equipment?
We are qualified to inspect and repair any manufacturer’s equipment
Can you undertake repairs or supply the parts?
Yes, all our Operational Inspection reports are followed by a no-obligation quotation for the works identified. This work can be undertaken on a supply and install basis or parts only.
Can you provide me with a quotation for repairs following an inspection by another company?
Yes we can, provided the report contains good quality photographs showing the work which needs to be carried out. Where this is not possible we can arrange for a Maintenance Technician to attend site to identify the parts which need replacing.
Can safety surfacing be repaired?
Online Playgrounds have a dedicated team of maintenance engineers on hand to repair all types of surfacing from Safagrass, rubber mulch, loose fill surfaces such as sand and bark through to rubber wetpour and tiles.
Our equipment has no manufacturers identification on it - can you still help?
- Of course, with a collective 140 years experience within our business we are familiar with most manufacturers equipment. We hold a library of historic pictures and catalogues dating back over 30 years which assists our team in identifying the date and manfucturer of almost any equipment. We do unfortunately sometimes come across equipment where the manufacturer has ceased to trade, or cannot be identified. These situations can still be resolved wherever possible but alas not in all cases. However we will always do our best to provide you with an alternative solution.
Call us today on 01354 699482 or email email@example.com to discuss your maintenance and inspection requirements.