"All children and young peopleneed to play. The impulse to play is innate. Play is a biological, psycological and social necessity, and is fundamental to the helathy deveopment and well being of individuals and communities."
Playwork Principles Scrutiny Group (2005) Play Wales
Need funding or a grant to get your project off the ground?
Funding bodies change all the time, some close and new ones initiate. We can always help to point you in the right direction and we highly recommend you check the Funding page on the API website (Association of Play Industries) for up to date information and links.
It is always best to make a plan when it comes to funding so here are some tips to enable you to get the best outcome.
Funding Application Planning
- Plan in advance
- Check if there are any restrictions or specific issues within the area you are in
- Build a team - assign people tasks to lighten the load
- Communicate your plans to all those involved, even to those who may object
- Publicise and gain support from the community and parents, make a statement for the press
- Get involved or get others invovled from the local community - hold planning or design sessions to make the decisions on what equipment everyone wants
- Gather the information together when you know what you want and where you want it. Make sure everyone is in agreement
- Contact the funders
- Post Funding Have a think about how you can maintain the engagement of the team and the influencers you have met on your funding journey. Try developing a strategy for long term fund raising, maybe to maintain the area or even add more equipment.
Independent Funding Service
Here at Online Playgrounds we believe our expertise is manufacturing, installation and maintenance of playground and outdoor equipment. When it comes to funding, we suggest you gain some independent advice so please follow the link to Community and Leisure Grants where Tim Wall will be able to help you.